Thursday, August 6, 2009

Julius Shulman





I have a passion for mid century modern architecture and furniture design, especially California style ranch homes. Some of my favorites are from the Case Study project of homes for Art & Architecture magazine. Basically during the the war you had a group of architects that were looking to shake things up and once the war ended were free to bring about a new vision of design. I recently learned that the photographer that shot a lot of these houses for Art & Architecture, Julius Shulman, died last month. He has been credited with branding a lot of the California image that exist.

The Los Angeles Times had one of the more complete obituaries that I had read. Here is the link.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-julius-shulman17-2009jul17,0,1393680.story

No comments: