Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dan Tobin Smith Photography




I was going to just send this to Jaemin but I thought the group would also enjoy it.

When I saw the cover to the new Jay-Z CD I went looking for the name of the photographer that shot it. In fact I think I may have bought the CD more for the cover since I have yet to listen to even one song but have gone over the visuals of the cover many times. The photographer's name is Dan Tobin Smith. His work really makes me think of some of the paint exploration of Jaemin's. I find myself wanting to explore monochromatic imagery but more as a backdrop for a more fashion based concept. Watching the video of the Jay-Z shoot is inspiring for me.

1 comment:

Jaemin Riley said...

nice. i was interested in how they did that cover also. thanks for posting this tim.