Sunday, February 1, 2009

A first attempt


Yesterday I got a friend of mine to be a model for me. I know that this isn't the best lighting/how we learned to light people in class the other day, but I really like how this turned out. I took 100 photos of him and had my camera set on B&W, but camera raw converted it back to color when I loaded them onto my computer, so I desaturated the color a bit. I had a soft box on his left side at an angle. I played around with holding a large white card in front of his face and underneath and really just everywhere. Like I said, there are more photos and some that have the more "traditional" lighting, but I like the feel of this on in particular.

2 comments:

me.. said...

i like it a lot too.. even if it's not what we learned, it really works

tmox said...

It just needs more fill in the eyes. The drama is nice but without the subject's eyes the viewer is led to the cheek, hand, and glasses. I like the direction you are going though.