Wednesday, February 18, 2009

From the Beach

Hey ya'll, here is a link to some photos I took while in Florida this last weekend. Mostly typical beach photos but I couldn't help myself. Don't believe the old adage about not shooting into the sun. I actually prefer if for creating drama in the scene. Also, notice how I shot at a very wide aperture and very high speed on the close-up images of the tide. Things get very crisp when shot at over 1/1000 of a second and by metering off the direct reflection of the sun I was able to bring the extra ambient light down creating an interesting effect. This keeps the shadows crisp but makes the light look softer rather than your usual harsh beach light.






1 comment:

Hello said...

I really like that you can see a sail boat (?) and the tiny bird in the picture. I'm glad that you decided to include them.

I also like the close shot of the water. It's unusual lighting to me. It almost looks like you did it in a studio, but I like it.