Friday, November 5, 2010

Sunshine





These are all from different weddings. I try to use ALL natural light when I shoot weddings even if I am indoors. The shot below is the girls RIGHT BEFORE the bride went down the aisle. I loved how the light was shining in through the window.

These are just shots I took BECAUSE of how the light appealed to me.

Cake is only being lit from natural light coming in from the window.I got on the ground near the front row and waited until the bride walked into the sunlight and purposely framed/composed my shot (only half his face shown) for a more dramatic appeal. I wanted to emphasize her day is all about "her"...dad loses half his heart when he gives his girl away and she no longer is ALL his. I cut his top knuckle and thumb tip off and that still bothers me to this day.