Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gregory Crewdson

I was inspired by the Lucia Holm post to re-post my first entry on the students of light blog. One of the photographers that is super inspiring to me is Gregory Crewdson. His images have a sense of drama and tension that I appreciate and while his lighting production is complex the images seem natural (and supernatural) in a way. Pay attention to the fact that he uses 4x5"or 8x10" film shot with a view camera and does very little photoshop work. I have two of his books at my studio if you are interested in looking at more of his work.

This dude is definitely a master! He doesn't do it by himself though. Watch the video below to see how these images are produced.

6 comments:

Khudson16 said...

Oh my gosh! I love them!!!! I will defintly be taking a look at the books! Thanks for sharing! :)

jasonbjames said...

great stuff, i can't wait to watch this video tonight.

jasonbjames said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Daniel said...

Wow! His process is intense. Very Cool.

Fotosynthesis said...

the use of light in the floor shining up through is extremely captivating and brings this eery feeling to the picture. . love it!

Kristy Tootle said...

this is truly amazing stuff....