Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shadows!


So, I was looking through some of my old pictures and I came across this one! I took it a little while ago for one of my classes. The assignment was to "transform the human body into a landscape". I used two light clamps as my light source and draped a black sheet around him for the back drop. Luckily, "Mike" the model, had lots of beautiful and huge muscles that I could shine the light on to create all of the great shadows! The contrast between the shadows and highlights allowed for me to transform his back and shoulders into a landscape that can almost look lie a mountain range (if you think creatively lol). Maybe this will help to inspire someone while we work with our lighting on Wednesday!
I also, took this for the landscape assignment! And just like the first one, the shadows help to portray a landscape/abstract feel....

No comments: