Thursday, October 28, 2010

~Ruud Baan~


Ruud Baan is probably one of my favorite photographers!!! I love his style and the way that he uses light to help bring his images to life! The picture above is one of my favorites and is one from his underwater ballet series. Coming from an art background I am fascinated with ballerinas and how they are able to move and transform their bodies. I can recall many times of me sitting in on a ballet class with my sketchbook, and attempt to sketch the different poses and muscles of their bodies as they gracefully stretched and danced amongst me. Ballet has not only fascinated me but has also inspired me and hopefully I will be able to use this passion to help inspire my own photography. Ruud Baan is an amazing photographer and I would defintely recommend taking a look at some of his work! His website is ruudbann.com. If you go on it click on his portrait session and than click on the Teletubby picture. The series of pictures tied to it are great and Baan defintely has a sense of humor to him!

2 comments:

Jamilaaa!!! said...

I love underwater photography. How people just look out there and how the light his time.

Khudson16 said...

Me 2!!!! I want to do it one day!