Monday, October 18, 2010

Painting Wth Light

I am not at all famous, not even a little, even though I get waved at a lot, usually a confused moment where I can't remember someone's name.
It seems to happen at Kroger. Awkward.
I am not a professional paid photographer (YET) and have never published, admired, or written of for any photograph I have ever taken.
I was approached for a wedding that became a symbol of JUNO, the chick was not pregnant, but young enough that her mom had to hand her the bottle of champagne behind Grandma's back, which is why I did not mind the couple of hundred bucks to shoot something that looked a lot like Party City throwing up.
But, I have had two fans, Lola and Kat, who tell me I am a genius, seriously. They say I will one day take pictures of Lady Gaga, eagerly await my shots to appear on the view screen, scream in excitement when we picked out my book bag for my first day at the Circus.They make me believe. They make me want to cry for hope I will not let them down. I leave them to make my mark, to dream while they wait behind, their little noses pushing up the blinds, watching the driveway from the back bedroom, a thumb up and a kiss blown as I depart every day for school or class.
Lola said she hoped I got fired from photo school since she missed me but Kat consoled her saying, "Lola, mom is going to school so we can have a pool."

This, my dear new photo friends, is why I love to paint with light.

No comments: