Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shots from this Week


I had some high hopes going into this fairly simple shot. I was planning on using a 250watt hot light to mess around with before I checked out some "real" lighting. I got everything set up and when I turned on the light, the bulb blew out. I didn't let this keep me from shooting, though. Instead, I decided to use a 100watt clear light bulb that I had in a desk lamp. I had the light on the right side of the product--you can see that it is creating the highlight in the upper right hand corner. There was a white card on the left side of the product to sort of give it some definition. This is the best that I could do with the one light bulb I had, which obviously doesn't do the best job in lighting up the background. Sometimes you just have to make do.
I plan on re-shooting this with better lighting & I was going to throw a karo syrup mix on it to make it look like it's awesome and has been in a shower.

1 comment:

tmox said...

Consider putting a spot or a little piece of light on the background behind the bottle to "light up" the liquid inside. This will help add some life to the bottle.